Monday, September 21, 2015

Meatless Monday - Oatmeal Pancakes!

Hi All,

I am hoping to get back into the swing of Meatless Monday recipes.  Today, I am sharing one that I tried back in May, but I have tweaked it just a bit.  Do not the let picture fool you - it actually tastes pretty good!

Introducing...Oatmeal Pancakes!

1 banana (mashed)
1/2 c oatmeal (I use old fashioned!)
1 egg
Dash of vanilla, chia seeds, handful of tart cherries
*Optional - add some nuts of your own choosing.*

Directions - mix them all together and then spoon them into a pan for frying.  Depending on how big you want it to be, adjust the spoon size accordingly.  Usually - I fry it with Vegan Butter, but you can use any oil or real butter of your own.

The final product resembles something like this:

 
 
In the future, I will post better pictures, but I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!



3 comments:

  1. OOh I really want to like oatmeal and this looks like a great place to start! Thanks for linking up with us for meatless Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for starting it! I have been a follower for awhile and I plan to start doing linkups. As for Oatmeal, provided the ways I make it change, then I am ok with it. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  2. YAY! Nice to see this, and happy to have you joining us! We look forward to seeing what you come up with each week. You will help others too :) Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete