Friday, September 25, 2015

Freaking Out Friday

Halloween is something I ignore - routinely.  Today, however, I definitely feel as though it is "Freaking out Friday".   I am admitting it.  The planning alone (food, drinks, etc.), staying overnight, racing, checking-in, etc. for a 1-2 day trip away is enormous!  So here are five things I have learned so far:

1)  Food - realistically, I can only pack so many meals and I can hope it all goes ok.  I am eating only safe foods starting with lunch and dinner through post-race tomorrow.  The enormity of packing for a race in a different city and flying - not driving - hit me full force today.  The plane tickets are scheduled for November and somehow this will work out for the best.

2)  Race Day nerves - typically, I will get these the night before, but they hit in full force yesterday.  My longest run has been 10 miles and it went ok.  I am tacking on an additional 6 miles tomorrow, but my long interval workout earlier this week went decently.

3)  Workouts and Scheduled Runs - I wanted to get in all the scheduled workouts this week.  It did not happen.  That will be a goal for next week.  Focusing on getting 8-9 hours of sleep, however, is the key, which will prevent getting sick.

4)  Meal Planning - despite the disastrous soup, discovering a rotting apple, and not planning use of a big spinach container; it went the best since getting the news this week. 

5)  It's Friday!  I am always glad for Friday!

Happy Racing or long runs to all!  I will be working on the picture end add some to this post. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment