Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Mileage - Best Month Yet & Puttering


Today marks the end of the month of April and so far it is my highest mileage month yet with 43 miles.  I ran just over 11 of those miles, which is quite nice.  My goal for May is to try and do Insanity or PiYo at least once a week, when I am not traveling.  This will help my flexibility and strength improve.  Both are key to running and for training!

My Grandpa Gaynier was famous for spending hours in the "shed."  He would come in for dinner and lunch and it was clear that he had been working on fixing things and doing various projects.  Normally, the activities were not discussed, but the marks on the overall could sometimes indicate what he was doing.  This morning, I slept in and ate a good breakfast before setting up to paint, putting away things from a recent trip, doing a load of laundry, and lastly painting.  All of this was "puttering" of a sort and I was happy doing it all.

I miss my Grandpa and his sayings.  He was a lovely fellow and apparently I got his puttering gene!

Happy Saturday, All!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment