Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Balance - Key to Sanity and Giving Thanks



Yesterday evening, for the first time since I returned to running semi-regularly, I got home from work, immediately started putting things away, and before you know it I was out the door in running clothes.  This trend continued - great run, good core effort - until I headed back to the car and realized I had 3 sets of car keys and all were locked safely in the car.  Yes - laughing is permitted and thankfully the people at the YMCA took pity on me.  Ironically, the person who unlocked my car also fixes it.  Note to self - it is worth paying for free towing, which also means free lockouts.

So - what I am thankful for this week and next week?  I will be traveling next week and am doing two this week:

1)  Balance - staring May 19th, I going to look for ways to balance out my daily activities (work, exercise, volunteering, etc).  The past few months have not been this way and it is time to restore it.
2)  Car Insurance Plans with Towing Packages!!  I am great at locking my car, but I sometimes forget that keeping a key with me is important.  Towing packages are cheap at a yearly rate and they provide free unlocking.  Win, win - do it!
3)  Active Mind - I am thankful to have an active mind, which can usually work through several problems at one time and bring them together.  Sometimes (see number 2) this active mind can get overly focused and feel that solving the problems are more important than daily practicalities.  Ooops - it also means finding pleasure and humor essential to existence.
4)  Conferences - Despite a rocky and hectic 18 months, I am happy to have a paid conference that I can attend next week in Toronto.  Many in my field are not so fortunate.  I am an active participant in the organization and several sections, which give me ideas for how I can better do my job.  Thanks to my colleague (@VPannabecker) for co-teaching with me a second year!   We are going to have so much fun. :)
5)  Good Health - I am thrilled to be heading into the conference healthy for the first time in four years.  Never take your good health for granted folks!  Physically, I am a bit behind where I want to be, but every run proves that my body is ready to step-up and rejoin the toned running group.  I could not be more excited by this!

Happy Thursday, All!
Margaret


No comments:

Post a Comment