Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Press Pause - Wheel's Up

Hi All,

What a couple of days it has been.  I have learned that evening workouts do not work for me.  It is shame, since I could push myself harder and I truly enjoyed not having to pay attention to the distance or programming my watch to indicate things.  The nights of restless sleep, however, were not working.  I kind of figured it out in the Fall, but decided I would be organized and not have the same issue in the Spring.  Ah well - one can try, but then adapt, yeah?

"Press Pause" is the theme for March.  It is fitting as preparing for Easter encourages me to fix or to change something.  This year I am trying to do Press Pause and also something else.  Meditation, reflection, being still and listening are a couple ways to describe the same activity.  namely - give yourself time to just unwind and figure out the best course of action.

Ironically, it took me three weeks of stalling to finally begin a project at work last week.  Yesterday and today, I did additional work on it.  Updates on how it is going will not occur much, but I can attest that writing is challenging and my respect for professional writers is boundless.

So whatever you are facing that is tough, seemingly insurmountable, or out of your control; my advice is to put it aside as best you can and then prepare to tackle tomorrow with gusto.  New days present opportunities to begin fresh and, I hope, be filled with enthusiasm.  Mine is finally returning, after a hiatus that involved little running or exercise.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment