Saturday, June 17, 2017

CSAs and Responses


Hey All!

If you follow me on instagram, you will notice that I have now gotten two deliveries from my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) and I love it.  They are friendly, flexible, and incorporating veggies into my diet could not be easier.  Also - I opted for a half dozen eggs weekly and organic meet delivers once a month.  The price - paid in November - was around $550 and I will get deliveries through the end of September.  Check out the first meal I made below:

As someone who loves opening gifts and packages, it's as if I get my own gift on a weekly basis in addition to supporting local farmers.  It's a win-win situation!

The heat is here.  I kept hoping it would stay away a bit longer, but it did not.  My running last week was a bit tough and some runs this week were not the easiest, but I pushed through.  I have decided the best way to respond to the heat is to be sure I am taking extra care of myself post-run.  The Tart Cherry juice (pictured below) along with water and the CSA veggies are helping with this!



On June 24th, many women will be joining in a movement to increase awareness about body image.  I agree that it is a huge issue and it must be addressed.  My comfort level, however, does not extend to running without a tank at this point.  So - I support the group and perhaps I will write about body image in a few weeks.

My first major research project is wrapping up - whew!  I am not shocked by the results, but I am determined to address the issue as best I can in my own setting and to encourage others to join me.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment