Monday, October 30, 2017

Goals for my upcoming Half Marathon and 2 Week Recap

Hey All,

This has been my busiest month - no doubt here - since April and May. I have enjoyed most parts of this month, but I am ready for it to be done. Thankfully, I just have one day left. Yay!

So last week I was in Salt Lake City for a conference, where I presented with colleagues, and I talked one of my colleagues into walking around the city - particularly the avenues and we ended up, by accident, in front of the Capitol Building. Oops.

One of the funniest aspects of walk were these street corners where they advised you to carry orange flags to increase visibility. I could see this, if the corner was at the top of a hill and visibility was poor, but they had these at many different corner intersections. Also - the picture with the really skinny trees made me nervous and reminded me I need to deal with my trees. Although some of the architecture and dog parks reminded me of San Francisco, I was quite ok with returning to my midwest area.

Then, I ran a 10k on Saturday to just see where I happened to be fitness wise. I ran just 2 minutes short of fastest 10k ever and I was stoked. Now, to just deal with the jitters and race preparation this week. My coach has suggested a plan, which I will follow as best I can, but I still plan to follow #nowatchme. My plan, to keep myself from going out faster than I should, is to stick with a slower pace group for the first 5 miles and then slowly begin increasing my pace (per the plan). Think a car slowly starting, increasing the speed, and then flying. This is how my race is supposed to go. Will I manage it? I don't know, but I am going to do my best with what energy and strength I have.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment