Sunday, October 11, 2015

The latest…16 mile run did not go as planned.

Hi All,

The past 9 days have been nutty, literally.  I had visitors, who were a blast, and then meetings combined with reacting to a workout in hot temperatures and a migraine made it a most fun week.  Today - sadly - I cut my long run of 16 at just over 5 miles after two quick breaks for water.

Am I disappointed?  A bit - yes - but I got those miles in despite the high temperatures.  I will be just fine when the high is 60, thank you, with a low of high 30s-40s.

Last Thursday, I met with the allergist after eliminating tons from my diet.  She then asked for me to reintroduce dairy, beyond goat cheese and eggs, but get rid of all gluten on top of the other allergies.  So - yes - this definitely played a role in my preparation for today.  The training the rest of the week went well and I managed two naps, go me!

I will be starting a recipe this week, but it will go up late tomorrow or Tuesday.

Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment