Thursday, March 3, 2016

Finding Focus and the Light: Stained Glass Window



In the past year, the comment "find your focus" has been made to me a few times.  Lately, I have realized by focus the reality is narrow the scope of your activities.  Specifically, narrow the activities to better promote the department and employer.

Am I driven?  Yes.  Do I have many interest?  Yes.  Do I want to do more with research and data management and less with instruction?  Yes.  To me, this indicates focus.  Unfortunately, not all see this or agree with it.

So - similar to this stain glass window directing the light and providing focused patterns, I will be doing this with my projects.  The unknown is endless, but light exists in it.  Now - to find it is the key.  What a better time to do so?  Spring shoots are popping up and indicating new growth.  Now, it is time for me to do the same.

Happy Spring, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment