Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Finding hope amidst the dark: The Irish Temperament

Happy St. Patrick's Day or, for those who might prefer it, Happy Celebration of Irish Heritage!

Starting in 2004, I began taking Irish Step Dancing classes on and off for a number of years.  In 2011-March 2012, I took the most consistently and advanced to the beginning hardshoe steps and dances.  It is something I hope to eventually do in future years.

Having spent time with the Irish (native, relocated to the U.S., U.S. citizens with Irish Heritage), one thing I respect most is how much fun they have just spending time together.   Music, story telling, ceili dances and just enjoying the company are all part of what I associate with being of Irish ancestry.

A little discussed part of the heritage, though, is the tendency to brood.  For me, this comes out in my tendency to overthink everything!  So I encourage you, if you also lean in this direction, to find some fellow folks with Irish heritage and gather together.  Share the good times with each other and it is guaranteed to help make the not fun times fade a bit.

To get my day started right, I will be running and attempting zumba later in the evening.

Happy Thursday!


A photo posted by Runningwithallergies (@runningwithallergies) on

No comments:

Post a Comment