Monday, October 10, 2016

Newish Place, Short Run, It's Fall!

This morning I got up and went for a run in a new place.  Ok - so I started in the same location but I went a different way.  Also - I had not been in that location for close to 1.5 months!

As the panic started to grow - remember new route - I reminded myself that I would get back in time to shower, eat, and still be out of the house in time to arrive at work in a timely fashion.  Part of this I believed, but part of it was tricking my mind into not panicking.

What I learned:

  • Plan for 30 minutes of driving time.
  • Wear capris, tights, or sweats - it is 40 degrees, folks, and shorts don't cut it at my current pace.
  • Oh the joys of starting the day with running are impossible to beat.
I am hoping to make this a new thing.  Maybe I will run in my neighborhood a few days a week and then travel to this location a few days a week.  The distance was shorter than I would have liked, but you can only do so much when trying out a new location.

Also - when you are driving a car with fancy technology, sometimes the following happens:


I could not get the beeping due to an unbuckeled passenger to stop without doing this.  Lesson learned - put the groceries in the trunk and then this will not occur a second time.

Happy Monday, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment