Monday, January 16, 2017

Say Goodbye to Weekly Recaps (Mileage and Workouts)

Good Morning!

Despite my best intention of getting back to a semi-normalish schedule, I caved and slept in again.  I have zero regrets.  Leading into this weekend, I was sleep deprived, exhausted on levels, and kind of a mess.  And so, I will get my six miles in today per the schedule, but I am going with how I feel time wise.

I going to cease posting the weekly recap of mileage and workouts.  Last year, I signed up to run the year in miles and quickly realized it was not what I thought.  For me, having someone else keep track of my mileage buildup is essential.  I am have a tendency to push harder than I should.  This is another reason why I am not posting the weekly miles.  It sounds selfish, perhaps, but it not helping me accomplish my goals.

This year - 2017 - marks the first year where I ended a year (2016) and started the next (2017) pretty healthy overall.  Sure - some things will change in the New Year.  I am hoping these changes will be minimal, but one never can tell.  I am unbelievably thankful that my body has bounced back in ways I never expected.  It is as if, in some ways, I am back to my early days of running with a few restrictions.

I won't deny being a bit anxious about the election cycle.  This is something that happens - for me at least - whenever a new President takes the oath.  I can only hope the next four years brings positive change in some areas or at least does not completely reverse some of the positives of the past eight years.

And now...it is time to eat my banana and remember we are just people.  We can be influences for change in positive ways, but we need to think carefully about how we do this.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment