Sunday, September 3, 2017

Seasons (Fun, Painful, Tough, Dull)

Hey All,

It's been quite the week.  Work is bringing new and good challenge on all levels.  In fact, I have been pushed/challenged to have three published peer-reviewed articles a year from now.  EEK - I have one semi-complete, but I hope to get it in by the end of October.  As for the others, I am truly focusing on one article/day/etc at a time.  Else, running in the opposite direction at full-tilt sounds just lovely.

With this injury/non injury cycle of 5 years, I am learning to push through the seasons.  I can say that I am healthier and happier than I was a year ago, but it has not come without some testing moments.  Days - when I could not run for instance - when I dragged myself out of bed, to the office, to home, and then attempted to do things I would do during a scheduled break.  It turns out that I am really much better during a "scheduled" break rather than an unplanned one.  I am not really surprised by this.

Running returned a week ago today and suddenly I could handle life and bed by 10 or 10:30 was not a struggle.  It did not necessarily always happen, but goals are good, yeah?

I was lucky to have had good health for most of my life.  Migraines were the first hurdle I battled starting 2003-present. Things really hit the fan health wise in 2013.  So - I can confidently say I am moving in the right direction, but I relate to the "struggle bus mentality" and "will I ever feel normal" question.

I hope so, but until I can stay healthy for a year, well, I won't be saying anything.  I am not sure a blister counts as an injury, but it was a setback for sure!

The sad, painful, tough seasons always lead to a season of fun.  I have yet to experience a truly dull season, but I will admit to asking for one occasionally.

Happy Sunday and Keep your chin up!

No comments:

Post a Comment