Sunday, November 26, 2017

Giving Thanks - Thanksgiving and Recap of Subsequent Days

Hey Everyone!

Wow - Thanksgiving is past, which kicks off my favorite time of the year, and now a feww weeks before the next holidays remain.

Before talking about Thanksgiving, though, I am so pleased I got to meet Anna Weber and so mnay fun people (Tara, Jessica, Emily, and more) before running the Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon. I was not feeling the best and so my inclination/drive/will to meet anyone new was at an all time low. I am so glad I did, though, and it is delightful to hear that Anna is back to running!

Post-Half Marathon, I got a "little bit of pneumonia" and I was almost recovered by the Saturday and Sunday before Thanksgiving. How did I know this? Simple - going shopping and working on projects was not "fatigue inducing" and instead it sounded exciting.

My family began to arrive on Sunday and the weekend kicked off with a "surprise" party of 18 people including me. Yeah, I was so surprised it took me nearly 45 minutes to warm-up and be hospitable. It did not help that I forgot to eat (bad me). We had so much fun that I think doing this yearly (sans Surprise factor) might happen.

Thanksgiving - 38 people - it was smaller than usual but fun.

Friday - we visited family friends and popped in at the "second pop-up" party of the holiday.

Saturday (aka Christmas for this crew) - brunch, football game watching, and the great gift exchange, which I quit doing because I enjoy watching the antics rather than trying to figure out a good gift and what I should steal or open from the table.

All-in-all, it was one of the best holidays I have had in many years and it was so nice to hangout with my immediate family and extended family members.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment