Thursday, November 16, 2017

Looking for a Window - Yep, I am feeling better

Hi All,

It is late and I will keep this short. I found out, just a week shy after completing my half marathon, that I had "a little bit of pneumonia" in my lungs. Thankfully, I had a new and observant doctor, who discovered this on a chest xray, when I told her of a sore spot on my left rib cage area. I was not coughing much, but breathing was not so fun.

I took the Zpac - starting a week ago - and suddenly, I started feeling better. Am I still tired? Yes - it is improving, although mornings are not fun. Also - I figured out how to counteract the Zpac side affects by taking lots of Pepto Bismal. This is the least awful experience I have had with that medication, but I could pass on taking it anytime in the near future, thanks!

Ironically, the same day that I saw my doctor (a week ago today), I learned that an opportunity I was thinking would be great was closed completely. Professionally, this was hard to take, especially since it was my first attempt. So today I settled on an alternative plan and got in some good work towards fixing the issue. Am I scared? Yes. Do I think my "window" will solve all the problems? No. As a person who does better with a goal, though, I am pleased with the progress I made and, most importantly, that I am feeling more like me.

To all those who dealt with whiney, grouchy, dark, and sleepy me; thanks for hanging in there and remembering that things are really bad, when I hit that stage. Seriously - make me go to the doctor, because that is so not me!

Also - the first of my many "prepare for Thanksgiving holiday" things arrived yesterday. I am so excited to be hosting folks and my immediate family will all be staying with me. Yes, this does mean that I will panic about not having it perfectly ready, but they are troopers. If I am healthy and ready to explore, complaints will not be uttered.

Happy Thursday, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment