Sunday, March 25, 2018

14 months of testing, Trails, and Recap

Hi All,

Disappearing was not on my list of things to do, but it is safe to say a few things cropped up and I had to get them off my plate. Now, I am in the edit and prepare for the next stage section, which means I can write semi-coherently.

Professionally, things are going to be similar to a roller coaster and I am learning to survive the dips, enjoy the peaks and manage the descents and hills as they come. For the past 14 months, I feel as thought I have been tested. This occurred to me during my long run yesterday. Some weeks, I can get it all in and things go ok. Last week, I survived and it was not exactly pretty. I am not giving up or calling it quits, but those thoughts were never far from me this past week. I can only hope the next 14 months are filled with fewer tests, but I know that I now have a system in place to get through it.

I am focusing on getting in the best sleep, training, etc. that I can each week. If this means adding in yoga, where I am completely uncoordinated but I leave feeling springy, so be it. I also signed up for phase two of strength training, because I am seeing good results. I recover better and I feel stronger, even when I am tired.

On April 7th, I will be running my first trail race. It is an 8k and it will be on groomed cross-country ski paths. I am not sure what to expect, but I know it will include hills, which will be great preparation for my half marathon just a month later.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment