Sunday, April 1, 2018

Grumpy Easter - April's Fool Post

Hi All,

After practicing a bunch for two week and then singing straight through from 8:30 am-1 pm, my voice is froggy. Yes, my fellow choir members and I got a bit grumpy. We are not sacrilegious, by any means, but we did think it was fun to say Grumpy Easter to one another. If you disagree, try singing the same song with multiple verses 4-5x in that time period. I am guessing you would get grumpy as well!

This week was different. Some long hours at work meant I woke up feeling awful on Tuesday. I delayed my workout until Wednesday evening. Nope, I did not hit the pace and I was off by 14+ seconds. My coach said it was ok, since these were mile repeats, and that it was good to have a consistent first and last mile. I am trusting her. Saturday, I accidentally tagged on an extra mile in the wind and on/off rain and tried Honey Stinger Waffles for the first time. I have to say it worked well and I did recover a lot better.

Next Saturday, I will attempt my first race with a two mile warmup, dynamic stretches, 8k race, and 2 mile cool down. The goal is to push the pace on flat sections and accelerate up the crest of the hill (10 steps) and push for the first 10 steps down the hill. I will do my best and see what happens.

If I had to focus on anything this week, it would be to get extra rest, stretch & foam roll, and focus on being mentally ready to run in any condition.

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment