Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Happy Belated Parent's Day, Race Recap, Presentation Recap (short, no images)

It’s been two weeks. I tried Jungle Curry the night before the race, which was so delicious! The 5k went better than I expected. The shorter distance was the right but tough decision to make.

I then spent most of the next week in pain for reasons I cannot explain and I can only hope to get answers. It could mean not racing, doing speed work, or perhaps it was a one time thing. Whatever the reason, I am not making any decisions right now and I certainly will not be registering for any races for a bit.

On happy news, the presentation went really well and we think 100 people attended. The questions, although minimal, were great. It was really special to collaborate and present with my Dad on Father’s Day. I am not sure if we will have future opportunities to co-facilitate, but it is something I will treasure always.


I am sorry that Gabe Grunewald is no longer with us, but I am glad she is running pain free. She and her husband are amazing people and, while I have not met them in person, I definitely have been thinking of them. I will look more into the Brave Like Gabe foundation and every future race bib of mine will be labeled Brave Like Gabe.






Happy Belated Parents Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment