Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Hi all,

I saw this giant water bottle in February and, after giving it serious consideration, I decided to get one. My hydration has not been good, especially as I am not running much or consistently, and I figured this would fix the situation. Little did I know it would take 2 returns and a different company, before I got one that works. I love it! I am also realistically only drinking as much as I can. The hourly increments are nice, but I am not placing a high priority on following them.


I moderated a webinar last Friday, which went smoothly given the time of day and the topic. I predicted correctly that it would last about 30 minutes. No one panicked and the biggest complaint was not giving attendees enough time to formulate and type in questions. Oops!

Exactly one year after the research fellowship started, I submitted my write-up for publication on Monday. It is not the most exciting project, but it fit the requirements of the program. Now I just hope they accept it. If they do not, I will regroup and try submitting to a different journal.

Things at work are moving in a positive direction after several tough months. I have a new colleague and we are starting a collaborative project, which is promising as she started less than a week ago. We might be kindred spirits, which is an Anne of Green Gables reference, and I am excited to see how it will go.

Last Saturday, I had my first cello lesson. I am still excited about learning to play the cello but I will be looking for a teacher. My desire to practice is minimal and this is not how I usually approach learning anything new. In the meantime, I will see what I can learn online.

And I am really looking forward to a weekend of doing what I want without having to work on any presentations, articles, or edits. This will by my first such weekend in many months.

Happy Midweek, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment