Saturday, July 20, 2019

It's hot (My DC sibling confirmed it!) and Moratorium (possibly forever) on Weekend Working.

Hi All -

Yep, your jaws are on the floor and, yes, this is the second post in a week. I would not hold your breath or count on this happening anytime in the near future, because it probably will not.

So...I ordered some rabbit running apparel and, when it arrived, I had to try it. It was so pretty and, while the shorts are bit shorter and snugger than I imagined, I love them both. I now have 4 pieces of Rabbit apparel and I love them all! For awhile, Oiselle stuff worked and, what I have and use, I do enjoy. Rabbit, however, is winning me over slowly but surely. I can hardly wait until I am back in tip-top shape, because then all my running gear will fit perfectly. I originally set a goal of July 4th to be comfortable in everything. I am making progress but I have had some setbacks. So my new goal is Labor Day. If I make it, great - but I am not adding it to the, "things I should stress out about" list.

Today I am officially declaring a moratorium on weekend working. If I have a contract assignment, then I will work evenings (and weekends when I must) to complete it and still keep on track with sleep hygiene. For the past three years, however, I have worked most Saturdays, Sunday, or  both days and it is time to say, "good bye," to this lifestyle. I am cranky at work. I have less focus and concentration. Now - however - I have made enough progress that this is no longer a "must." My sanity and ability to keep a cheery outlook, however, are a must. I am hoping that, if I ever enter a PhD program, I can avoid working most (if not all weekends). I might also be dreaming.

Meanwhile...after 3 days in the office, I got to the appropriate time marker on my Water Bottle (the gallon one with goofy/encouraging sayings." I am not committed to doing this every day or even most days, but I am glad to be staying more hydrated than I was. It also made running in the "hot" temperatures not so awful. Today, the heat index makes it 102 degress here and my DC sibling says it is ok to call it, "hot." After living for many years in DC and Missouri, I know how to handle heat but I don't like it. Given that "90" is a heat wave, which only occurs for a few days or maybe two weeks, where I currently live, I really try not to mutter about the weather.

Yesterday, I learned to "hug" my cello and I actually feel as if I am improving. After contacting a teacher and getting in touch with someone, who might know a teacher, I can likely avoid the disaster that was last Saturday.

My lawn is cut and the sky is blue with few clouds. The laundry is almost done and the dishes are clean and put away. Today is both a gorgeous and productive day. Not all days or weekends are like this, but oh do I appreciate the ones that are! And..of course...I have to share flower blooms. One is "a" transplant. Texting and Instagram captions are not my friends. Oh well...

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment