Thursday, August 25, 2016

Perspective - Courtesy of Two Tornado Funnels and Heavy Rain and Thankful Thursday




The thing about relocating, starting something new, tying up lose ends, and getting familiar with a new place is insecurity reigns.  If you let it along with a not perfect experience, it can rule your life.  Sadly, I could not shake off a tough week and until last night, that insecurity and feeling of lost and not being good was prevalent.

So what did it take to finally shake it?  The key, so to speak, for me were tornado warnings and being in a building knowing no one and hoping to be alive.  It is the most frightening thing that has happened to me in years and I hope not to repeat it.


As I drove back to my place, a feeling of calm and cool headed thought appeared.  Suddenly, earlier news combined with this shocking event helped me prioritize what I could not previously.  It also made me so thankful to have the chance to regain this perspective.

While this might not last forever, it shook me and I am hoping to prevent the introspection - always an issue with me that is sometimes good - from lasting longer than it should.  Bad days, experience, meetings, happen.  Learn from it and prepare, if it is likely to happen frequently, as best you can, but once it is done.  Move forward and reward yourself for getting through it!

Happy Thankful Thursday, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment