Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Hope, Hopeless, Fierce, and Deadend

Lately and then a year ago for sure, the following image kept popping into my head:

What should I do?  Where should I go?  Why were things I thought would work consistently going pear shaped?  This quickly left me feeling hopeless and discouraged.  Thankfully - I battled back those dark thoughts, which I encountered the summer before high school started and continue to battle to this day, and persevered.  Most recently, the following image comes to mind, particularly when a family member gets harmed or mistreated.  Apparently, I become quite fierce:
Since I do not think of myself in that way, it is a shocker.

Nearly three years ago, I started being more open with family and friends about my feelings and thoughts.  It is not easy, but at least they know what is happening with me.  It - in some small way - helps me find hope, particularly when I talk through those dark emotions.  So If you are feeling without hope or if you are battling dark thoughts, please get help.  Each of us is on this planet for a reason and we need each other to make positive change.

I will get off my soapbox, now, and resume my debate over which crop or tree to plant.  They, at least, bring some sense of satisfaction and require only a bit of thought.  Is it a perfect solution?  No - but the animals and plants in Farmville 2 are so cute!

Happy Wednesday


No comments:

Post a Comment