Sunday, December 4, 2016

Congrats & Weekly Review

First off, congrats to Stephanie Rothstein Bruce for finishing second at the California International Marathon today!  Also - to Tina Muir for finishing fifth overall and earning a personal record.  How amazing are these women?  I thought it was amazing enough to get up early and rearrange my schedule (not my normal weekend policy) to follow them on athlete tracking.  I am so glad I did.  Also - congrats to Eric Fernandez on his debut in the marathon.  I am in awe and yet inspired by each of you.  Some day - I hope to become a marathoner, but for now I will stick with a return to regular running.

Monday - rest - horrid migraine
Tuesday - 3 miles (confirmed evening running is not for me!)
Wednesday - rest
Thursday  - workout day (3.66 miles total)
Friday - rest
Saturday - 5.4 miles

The goal was to hit 14 miles, but it was a nasty migraine the prohibited running much the previous week.  I was ever so glad it broke and now to prevent it from ever happening again is my goal.

During my run yesterday, I realized how thankful I am to be healthy and to be able to keep things in perspective.  Thanksgiving drove that point home and a migraine turns me into a nasty person.  I would rather that nasty person never return, but I am content (for now) to have plugged through it.

This week I get to run 6 miles!!  I am excited - so excited - that I have a coach, who is willing to work with me and even might switch to morning workouts.  I can do PiYo, Pilates, and Yoga in the evenings, but I am just a disaster with running.

Thanksgiving gave me some ideas, which I will share once they are formalized.  For now, I am investigating the important pieces and rejoicing about being healthy.

Happy Sunday, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment