Sunday, December 18, 2016

Happy Holidays & Revisiting my first 6 mile run

The past two Saturdays have been 6+ mile runs.  Being able to once again run this distance and feel pretty good during and after it is incredible.  It reminds me of the days, when I ran my first six miles at a time and then ran a ten minute mile for the first time.  It has been quite a while.  Since 2012, my fitness has bounced a bit and mainly lagged, but it started getting a bit more routine in 2014, better still in 2015, and finally a move and return to consistency (mostly) in fall 2016.  Rough days are going to appear, but I am thrilled with my progress thus far.  As 2016 draws to a close, I am excited to report that I am the healthiest I have been in almost 3 years.  It is scary how circumstances, living situations, and medical issues can put a halt to "normal."  Am I at the current fitness and weight that I hope to be?  No - I am, though, far better off than I was two months ago and I am on the right path to getting where I want to be.

With that, below are some pictures of my latest runs and some fueling tips provided by the amazing Tina Muir (www.fuelyourfuture.com).  Or you can always tune into her podcasts from Runner's Connect.  Tina is amazing and I just get a kick out of reading her blog posts and listening to her podcasts.

From Saturday's run...I was sore and nearly cut it short due to a bodyweight routine, but I persisted.   A huge thank you to my coach for reminding me that I need to make bodyweight, core, and myrtl a routine not sporadic part of my schedule.
A photo posted by Runningwithallergies (@runningwithallergies) on


The fuel, recommended by Tina Muir, that I happily consumed after the run and then tested again today in a slightly different form and flavor.  It's a winner, folks, and I might just have to become a regular subscriber.



I plan to post-December 31st, but if I forget.  Happy Holidays to all of you!  2017 is going to be a year full of fun and challenging times.  I am hoping for fun to outweigh the challenge, but one can never predict such things.

Stay safe.  Have fun.  I will definitely post a recap of my holiday adventures on January 2nd and I get back into the pre-work mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment