Saturday, December 10, 2016

Weekend Wrap-Up, Hello 20+ Miles, and A Camel

Hey All!

Yep - I get the bad posting award for the week, but seriously I had so little energy this week.  I was not sleeping well most nights and last night was the absolute worst.  I woke up every 1-2 hours and I could not get the heating unit to quit making noise.  Enough about that - needless to say it was a rough start.  Last note to the rant - if you are organizing something and cancel, make sure everyone gets the message!  I didn't.  A bad night's sleep in a hotel after driving 2 hours in flurries on unfamiliar roads = not a happy me and then 40 minutes of driving to get the news.  On a bright side, I did spot a camel, which was not wearing festive clothing, and I explored new areas of the state.  I also got my boots back and I can wear them again!  The heel cap popped off and I ended up buying a second pair.  Let's hope this works.

Monday ~ 4 miles
Tuesday - 1.26 miles (trying to get out the calf cramp, which appeared late/early Tuesday morning)
Wednesday - Speedwork day (delayed by calf cramp) ~4.66 miles
Thursday - Rest (I was tired.)
Friday - first YakTrak Run (4.09 miles)
Saturday - longest run in over a year (6.09 miles)

I am so excited to have broken the 20 mile barrier for a week.  This might be silly, but if you read my earlier posts, then it will make so much sense.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment