Monday, December 12, 2016

Monday, Monday - 9 workdays to go (who is counting?)!

Today was a tough but good day.  I talked, yep you got it, about something that has been on my mind for almost two months.  Usually, I can shake things, but that didn't happen this time.  It is always good to learn you are not alone.  Now to rebuild the confidence that disappeared in the past eight weeks.

Step 1 - Keep on Running!  I might not be the best candidate for personal coaching, but it surely is helping out with my self confidence.

Step 2 - Accomplish what is necessary to increase the downpayment fund.  My goal is 20%, which I hope to reach by mid-March and early April.  This means I will be in a new abode by July, if all goes well.  Ultimate goal - be settled and ready for Thanksgiving 2017.

Step 3 - Volunteer in a setting or several settings that bring joy to your life!  I have ear marked two and I got confirmation of one today.  Starting in January, I will be getting to hear the local symphony orchestra.  They might not be the best, but volunteering will get me out and introduce me to new people, while enjoying the performance.  This is a win-win and no this is not the volunteering position to which I referred a week ago or so.  That one is still in the application and confirmation stage.

Step 4 - Find ways to enjoy the entire weekend, even if it means working twelve hour days.  Lately, I am running on fumes.  Two weekends I have spent (Veteran's Day, Saturday) with people or trying to find people organized by a group for what I thought would be fun or at least growth experiences.  Both were disasters and I am never trusting that group to organize anything ever again.  Can you tell I was just a bit peeved?

Step 5 - Work with my coach to determine reasonable, stretch, and super stretch goals for the Spring.  After having completed 20+ miles this past week, I am so excited to see what is next.

Happy Monday - remember, happiness is a choice and it is something that has eluded me recently.  Don't repeat my mistakes please!

No comments:

Post a Comment