Friday, July 7, 2017

Rowing is the best!

Happy Friday of Strange Week!

Monday felt as though it was Friday.  Wednesday reminded me of Monday.  Thursday felt like Tuesday and today, well, it definitely felt Fridayish at the end.  I was tired and ready to not think.

Speaking of thinking, I have a tendency to work out kinks in a plan or project, when I am running.  Lately, I have been trying to find a way to enjoy cross-training.  Spin classes are good, but I am not a huge fan of them.  On Wednesday, since I was feeling the speed workout from Tuesday, I decided to be brave and try the rowing machine.  I love it!  After 20 minutes, I decided to stop for my first attempt.

Tonight, I did 40 minutes and I could tell I am getting stronger.  I also could feel - in my hands - that I had done it on Wednesday.  Right now, I will continue with my membership at the gym and I hope that one of the classes will begin to hold some appeal.  If not, I might just decide to cancel membership and invest in a home rowing machine.  At one point, I had a home armless elliptical, but the rowing machine is so much better.

Tomorrow is my long run.  At this stage of fitness, I am enjoying watching how quickly my times improve.  My PB (PR) will come and I will keep working on improving and enjoying myself until then.

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment