Saturday, January 13, 2018

Ok 2018, let's make a deal going forward.

Yesterday, I learned that I have pneumonia in both my lungs. Yep - you heard that properly, pneumonia again. It is just 2 months after I got it post-Indianaoplis Half Marathon. Somehow the communication lines were scrambled, but I did get started on the medication last night.

I could rant, complain, and demand a restart to 2018. The thought has not been far from my mind, particularly since I was really not happy with how I was feeling and my motivation to do anything besides what I needed to do was gone. Or I can acknowledge that my immune system was just ready to get sick and my body jumps to pneumonia easily.

So how exactly does this fit into my plans for 2018? It is not what I hoped at all, but May 6th is far away. I can get to that starting line healthy. It might not be the best half marathon ever, but overall I have been healthier in recent months (despite the pneumonia) than in my previous years. My goal is just to do as much strength training and cross-training as I can, while focusing on getting this pneumonia out of my system.

We all have challenges and after this phase passes, I will do my best to make the rest of 2018 the healthiest year it can be!

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment