Thursday, January 4, 2018

Weekend Warriors - Recap of the first week in 2018

Hi All,

I flew back to my current abode and was met with single digit weather and a negative windchill. I was not prepared and I had to get 4 inches of snow off my windshield before I could drive away safely. What did I learn? Always pack a hat, gloves/mittens, and a scarf. It would not hurt to keep a winter coat available, but a in between layer along with lots of other layers and the accessories mentioned above will work. My fingertips on my right are still debating whether or not to forgive me, but they get a bit more congenial each day.

For many years, the term "weekend warrior" is one I associated with a bunch of different people but not runners or people, who occasionally have to work on weekends. So - on that note - I am fighting a a cold, which started last week but is slowly improving, and I am likely to be working a few weekends and having some long days in the upcoming weeks. Upcoming deadlines = lots must be accomplished in a short time.

Speaking of time, at one point I enjoyed the Pink Panther Music. That is, until I heard if for close to 70+ minutes without connect with a human yesterday. I finally put on my thinking cap (remember, I have cold and everything takes longer!) and decided to call a local place, who has never let me down. I got my question answered and I was quite clear with my displeasure on a survey, the place with the pink panther music asked me to complete. Note - I know natural disasters, electrical outages, etc take time to fix and that priority is given to those who need it most. My request is simple. Take my name and number and return my call when you can. Just please do not put me on hold for 70+ minutes. This is not the only time I have tangled with this group, but I am done with it.

I am so hoping that idea of running and shoveling my drive will appeal soon. Oh yeah, an appetite for anything besides cranberry juice, beef bone broth, or easy to make non-fussy stuff would also be delightful.

I am thankful that I am usually healthy today. If you read this, kudos to you for all the miles, weights, cross-training, and more you got done today. I cannot wait to rejoin you!

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment