Monday, November 7, 2016

The Turkey Trot Debate

Happy Monday!

The Turkey Trot is a yearly event some of my extended family members do.  My immediate family has no interest.  The first one I did was in 2009 and we arrived minutes before the race started.  It was the last time I ever arrived with so little pre-warmup time.  The one I am considering does not start until 9 am, which means I could quite easily make it, since the drive is minimal.  I am commuting 2 hours for a 5k.  Nope - that insanity is for my extended family members - not me.  To run or not to run is the question.  Tapering will not happen for sure.

Beyond that, the fall foliage spotting continues along with seeing two little snakes in the past two weeks.  One was alive and the other was dead.  Note to animals - please stay off the path!  I will try to dodge you, but I can only do so much.

The following photos are from two weeks ago Saturday:


This next photo was taken this past Saturday.



My 2016 miles in 2016 will not happen, but I am pleased with all that I have accomplished, despite the many changes I have made.  Will I do the challenge next year?  Nope - it did serve to get me out and moving on the days when I felt the most sluggy, though, and that counts for something.  My guess, which will be judged on December 31st, is 600 miles.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment