Tuesday, November 29, 2016

What Thanksgiving and last week taught me...



Last week was rough, wonderful, and horrid.  Yep - It all started Monday with a memory of my days in running camp (1998) and the early weeks in cross-country (2002).  Evening running and I have had tangles in the past and it sure hit then.  Tonight - it almost happened a second time, but I accomplished "mind over matter."  Tomorrow, I do a workout and we shall see what happens.

Thanksgiving proved to be wonderful and tough.  It was wonderful seeing family and having some stay with me.  It also kicked off the longest running migraine I have had in years combined with new symptoms.  Yep - I am thinking of ways to survive the upcoming holiday season, where it is likely to be as bad or worse.

Thankfully, tonight it backed off enough that I could run (yay) and I just hope it stays away for good, but I would not count on it.

So I am giving thanks for the time with family and also for the patience they have with me, because I am at my worst when the migraine hits.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment