Friday, November 18, 2016

What a week..Running keeps me sane!

Hi All!

Professionally, the past week has been good, tough, and miserable.  How can all those things happen?  It's simple, really, since that is how life goes.  If I end up not blogging as much, it is due to staying on track and keeping up with training.  Please accept my apologies, when this should happens in the future, and I will try to keep things happy, light, but real on this blog!

Running wise - things are fantastic.  I am finishing up week three with my coach.  It is by far the best choice I have made since relocating and starting a new position in July.  On Tuesday evening, I did my first time trial in years (yes, that is right - years!)!  Based upon the 5k I did in late September, my idea of what I might run looked as follows:

A)10-10:15
B)10:16 - 10:45
C)110:46-11:30

My easy pace - depending on the day - is in the 12-12:45 range.  So - I hit 10:04, much to my amazement and surprise, on Tuesday!  To accurately - sort of predict - what I might hit was amazing and the first time I have been able to do so with such a degree of precision since 2008!  You got it, folks - nearly 8 years ago was the last time I could do this.

Does this mean overnight my speed will return?  Will I eventually be a speedy person?  No and no - it does mean, though, I am getting back into shape and doing my best to execute the training my coach gives me.  Also - I got to PiYo last night and it was amazing!  All the aches and pains from the week pretty much went away and I am feeling much more springy.

Note - I promised myself a treat, if I could get my A goal.  I purchased a foam roller and used it on Wednesday night.  I love it!  Now - I am just looking to see if I can get something to assist my lovely shins, which get into pre-shinsplint mode faster than I can handle.  Compression socks and comfy sneakers help a bit, but I am still not thrilled.

Happy Friday and Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment