Sunday, December 10, 2017

2018 Big Scary Goals

Hi!

Can you believe that January 2018 is three weeks away? In two weeks from yesterday, I will go on a trip and then spend New Years on my own before heading into work two days later. 2017 has been a wacky year, but that is for another post.

Today, I have decided to write up some goals for 2018. On November 26th, my coach and I met to discuss the next training cycle and to figure out 2018 a bit.

Races

1-2 Half Marathons (May, Fall?)

5k-10ks (As they appeal and fit into my training/racing schedule!)

New Distance - I have one in mind and, if you know me, then you a probably guess it. So I will only say this. After my May half marathon and recovery time, I will update this section. Until now, you can guess but I won't say anything.

New Location - I found that it is kind of fun to drive to a recommended or random location and go for a run and sometimes even race.

Times

PBs and PRs are fun, but I am enjoying even more the process and the training that leads up to getting one. #NoWatchMe connects me back to my early days of running, when I started the watch, did my run, stopped my watch. The thrill of getting a 10 minute run on a 6 mile run is something I will never forget and it happened through consistency.

If I can get a PB and PR, great - but I am letting my coach make the predictions and I might state what I think I can run, depending on the circumstance.

Cross-Training/Weights

I plan to make these a more consistent part of my overall training. Also - I want to try rock climbing and, if I can swing it, get into swimming semi-regularly. I have the YMCA membership and I do rowing, which was new. Now, I just have to get over the fear factor for swimming.

The Running for Real Weight program with Tina and Drew is amazing and I am looking forward to seeing how I improve (running, real life) by doing it.

Professionally

I have some giant deadlines in January, May (conference season!), August/September, and then October - conference submission dates. I will not be posting much about it here, unless I get questions, since what I do is a challenge for anyone but my colleagues to grasp.

That's a wrap, then, of some things I hope to do in 2018. I will also try to include more photos as I can, but given my love of the camera I will not make promises.

Let's do this, 2018, and see what the new year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment