Sunday, April 14, 2019

So Long, Volee; Hello Run Arete; What a Week...Disappearing for 10 Days;

Hi All,

In January, I reupped my membership for a local running group, joined one in a nearby city, and signed up for the Run Arete Midwest Group. Due to the recent adjustments, I have not been the most active in any of them, but I am excited to change this post-professional conference. Meanwhile, I am saying goodbye to the Oiselle Volee. I learned a lot, met some fun people, but decided to stick with Run Arete. Who knows - I might return, but I think this is the best decision for the moment. I still plant to cheer for all the many cool Oiselle Volee folks I met over the years and, I hope, we can still meetup at future events!
Months of planning yielded a poor turnout for most of the daily activities, but overall the participation was better. I might not get the article I hoped and dreamed to get from it, but I certainly learned that this time of the year is late for hosting a week of activities. The weather cooperated for the Community Event and I am considering my shelter rental fee as a charitable contribution.I had my 1.5 days of "oh my, that was not what I hoped," and it is now time to face the music.Yes, I need to shake off things more quickly, but 1.5 days is much better than 2 months, which is how long it took me to shake off my first rejection from a journal.

Early Tuesday morning, I am flying out to a remote area of New Mexico for about 10 days. The timing - in some respects - is not great, because one week from when I return, I board a train to my professional conference in Chicago. On the other hand, after a week of not well attended events and long days in the weeks preceding the program; I am ready - oh so ready - to flee.

Meanwhile, the puzzle is coming together and, yes, I will post pictures to Instagram. Because of the event, I learned of two places, which might take knitted donations. This is good. My Kobo Reader is so much fun - I never expected to love it. I do!!

Energy wise, I am whipped - but running an event has this reaction on me. I might try to the climbing gym tomorrow, before dropping off my car and heading straight to bed for the very early departure.


Happy Sunday, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment