Thursday, January 19, 2017

8 Years Ago Tomorrow....

Happy Friday Eve!  Tomorrow, some will gather to celebrate and cheer the during the inauguration.  Others will stay home, get fired up, and then March on downtown in Washington DC or in other cities around the United States.  Still others will acknowledge what is happening, but refuse to take part in it.  Many are ignoring the news and canceling subscriptions to television.  Eight years ago, I left DC and retreated to a spot about 2.5 hours away to relax and to put things in perspective.  I am heading to the same location tomorrow, but the drive is around 5 hours.

I can only hope that the people taking over leadership positions will think and get good council before making decisions.  Meanwhile, those groups and people, who are in opposition, march, protest, join your causes and state why things must change.  One of the greatest parts about living in the United States is our ability to speak freely.

Without a doubt, though, I would hope those in favor or opposition express the emotions candidly but in a non-violent fashion.  We do not need any additional cruelty in this world.

This blog will not reflect - to the best of my ability - my views on the election.  Due to nature of my work, politics will always play a substantial role.  I can only hope the good of the people (electorate) are put first, when our newly elected president, cabinet, and leaders begin tomorrow.

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment