Monday, January 9, 2017

The truth about running clothes: Updates are necessary!

Hi!

Up until my one semester of college cross-country, I never had issues most runners experience.  Namely - chaffing, injuries, extreme soreness cramped muscles, etc.  This all changed.  I bought my first pair of true running shorts.  I fell in love and, as they say, "the rest is history."

Fast forward to my post-graduate school years, I purchased some mail order running shorts.  It turns out that I am good with sizing for my upper body (mostly), but am bad with choosing the appropriate shorts.

In the past two years, I was desperate and purchased a few things from local non-athletic stores and athletic stores.  Fast forward to working on your house in hot condition with no air conditioning and suddenly the quality appears.  Since my move in late June, I have donated lots of old cotton running shirts, which I was not wearing, and I have begun to slowly sort through running tops and outfits that I work.

This past Saturday, I did 7 miles outside and my muscles felt horrible the entire time.  In fact, some of the muscles were still tight and cramping today.  Why?  I was not wearing appropriate layers.  As someone with type 2 (less severe) Raynaud's, I am more sensitive than most to extreme temperatures.  Given a choice, I will pick cold over heat any day.  Fall is my favorite.  My first pair of winter base layers - beyond those for daily wear - were ordered to go along with a jacket (2 years old) and an Under Armour upper layer - old but good.

While I am not a big shopper, I have learned the importance of purchasing fewer but more top quality items.  If I ever mention anything on this blog, the review will be honest and candid.

Happy Monday, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment