Thursday, April 28, 2016

Week 2 - Thankful Thursdays



Can you believe it is Thursday?  I can and here is what I am thankful for today.

1)  Kiwanis - tonight I participated in a fundraising event.  Going into it, I was tired and considering backing out of it.  Instead, I drove (rain threatened!) and sat down.  Almost immediately, I got in a running discussion followed by learning more about the design of the playground for which the event was raising money.  I am so thankful for this group, who continually helps me face the remainder of the day and week with a smile on my face.  They are kind, considerate, willing to listen and to provide support, and help keep me going in all circumstances.

2)  Spring 2016 - It has by far been one of the toughest Springs on me emotionally.   Physically, except for random events (hello, chiggers!) and not taking enough care to get sufficient sleep, I am doing ok.  I resumed running this week and I am so glad that I did.  Even moving slowly (watch out, drivers!), I am thankful to be back at it.  As this season draws to a close, I have learned and grown so much personally and professionally.  I am learning to standup for myself and, with gentle mentoring, am getting better at saying no without guilt!

3)  Cars - I am subcompact and compact kind of driver.  Yes - they are on the small side and I drive with headlights running, but this is my type of car.

4)  Family - last but not least - they have been with me all along and particularly in the past few months.  If I am starting to go in the wrong direction, they step-up and steer me back in the right direction.

Happy Thursday, all!
Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment