Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Wednesday - Core and Resistance Band Day

Since beginning to do group workouts on Tuesday, I find myself taking Wednesday easy.  I used to get frustrated or upset, when I woke up and just felt not great.  My coach quickly reminded me that I am likely experiencing delayed muscle soreness and this is the first time I have done regular speed work in years.  I have to say that it is easier to do group workouts rather than solo speed work.  I go in with an intensity and determination to do the best I possibly can.   Do I blow it?  Yep - last week, I did all the repeats and yet the times were not consistent.  Still, it is exciting to know I have speed that is reappearing (3:16 for a 600 m).

Last Saturday, I had to cut my long run short.  It had been a tough week and the weather was surprisingly warm.  And so, I found that I really wanted water and my shirt resembled the following (Saturday and last night):


A week from this Tuesday, I will be doing a 5k in lieu of a speed workout (most likely) and then I will be racing a 5k that Sunday.  I will be curious to see how my times have changed, since I pushed my way through a 5k at the end of September.  I can tell my coach is making a huge difference in how I mentally approach things.  She is wonderful!

Happy Wednesday however you choose to spend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment