Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Two 5ks about a month apart - Am I ready?

Hi All,

Yes - I am delaying a half marathon, until my training - especially the long runs - are more consistent.  Am I disappointed?  Sure - this, however, is the right choice for where I am emotionally and physically at the moment.

Next Sunday, I will run my first 5k since starting to train with a coach.  My goal is to cross the line healthy and, if possible, break the time I set achieved the last 5k.  I will practice going out slow and then going all-out in the last 1-1.7 miles of the race.  I might try to count people as I pass them, but that is if I can get up enough speed to do so.  Then, on April 23rd, I will try to cut down on my time yet again.  Is it possible?  Sure - I keep negative splitting easy runs.  Is this bad?  It could be, but I am choosing not to think about it overly much.  This is why I have a coach.

Right - I am excited that I can - in fact - run with just about no pain and do myrtl as well.  This is a big accomplishment from a week ago, when the lastest craziness hit.

Happy Tuesday, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment