Thursday, June 22, 2017

Goals

Hello All!

Last week, I felt pretty spectacular all week.  This week, well, things were a bit different.  I ran on Monday and got some bloodwork done.  Tuesday morning, I got different bloodwork and felt off all day.  The "off" continued through Wednesday.  Today, I felt pretty decent and I got in a run and some strides.

Bloodwork never fails to throw a hitch in my plans, even when it is necessary.  I hope this time would be ok, since no fasting was required, but that did not happen.  Ah well, I am making progress and that is what matters.

After not racing since March 15th or so, I was toying with getting back to it on July 4th.  After this week, I might play it by ear and go for an August 5k.  I would love to do a Half Marathon this year, but that all depends on how the mileage buildup progresses.

Meanwhile, USATF Championships are tonight and I keep refreshing my Twitter feed for updates.  Thanks to @oiselle, @Laurenfleshman, @SallyBergensen and all the others for keeping us non-NBC Gold and non-USATF subscribers in the loop.

Although I will probably be asleep, I am hoping to wake up and see lovely results in my feed from Stephanie Rothstein Bruce, Ben Bruce, Nick Symmonds and the remaining Naz Elite folks.  It would also be great for Kate Grace to do well, but I might be asking for a bit much.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment