Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Changing Schedules, Parking Lots, and the Excitement Continues

Hi All,

Saturday, instead of running the 5 mile race, I slept a lot and did not get out of PJs all day. Does this seem a bit surprising given all that had gone well? Perhaps - my body really wants 9 hours of sleep and it protests loudly, after a short period of time, if it does not get them. I did a bit more on Sunday, but I was pretty lazy last weekend.

I decided to start changing my schedule again effective today. It will take a bit longer to accomplish, but this one seems to be working better already. Why am I so schedule based? Truth be told - I really prefer unscheduled weekends, but the schedule assists with managing the chronic disease. I did have another energy drop, but I am still doing far better than I was even two months ago. So when I have no desire to run or I get fed up with how little I have gotten done, this is what I remember.

Tomorrow, the remaining students return to both campuses for Orientation and to begin the new semester. This means the lovely and wide open parking lot will become a nightmare shortly 8:15 am every morning. It also means that you can circle up to an hour with no luck, if parking after that time period, and arriving to the lot around 10 am. So I plan to begin parking in the public lot and taking the tunnels to my office or walking outside, if the weather permits, because that bugs me less than going around in circles. I never said it made sense, but this is me, folks!

I learned, lasts Thursday evening, that my article was accepted for publication. After making the few required edits, I resubmitted it on Friday. I expect that it will be available shortly after Labor Day. Although it was not the most exciting of projects, it should assist in the accreditation report and visit scheduled for the college I support in April 2020.

I taking a long Labor Day weekend and oh am I excited. So - yes - expect the post that week to be on a Wednesday or Thursday. Cello continues to be fun and challenging. I am supposed to see if I can find the similarities between running and non-cello hobbies. I have my work cut out for me, but it keeps me smiling. I also rediscovered how rusty my base clef knowledge happens to be. So I need to brush up on that!

Happy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment