Sunday, February 25, 2018

March 11 - First Race of 2018 & Tech Free Days

Hey All!

It's been about 10 days since I written anything beyond random tweets.  Overall, I think I am doing better, but I am still working on controlling what I can and just pushing past/ignoring what I cannot.

This past week, I decided to work on getting up earlier and doing my run and what I could of foam rolling/stretching before work. I managed this on Monday and Tuesday, but then fell into the evening routine the rest of the week. Saturday, I had two pieces of toast with almond butter and honey. Oh did it feel good and then I ran 7.43 miles an hour later without any issues. I need to test this a few more times, yet, but I might have a solution!

In non-running land, I had brunch at a new-to-me restaurant on Saturday. It was ok and so was the company. I will probably not repeat either and then I got a haircut. Since I have to give a Presentation Wednesday and a week from Friday, I really wanted to be looking "ok" for both.

In late 2012-2013, I rediscovered my love for puzzles and I figured out that they are an excellent way for me to relax, even if I go to do it and when I am stressed. 15 minutes or so later, I am in a much better mood. The puzzle I am doing right now is really tough, but it still gives me great satisfaction. I might just have to keep a puzzle going more frequently or rotate puzzles and tough knitting patterns.

On March 11th, I will fulfill one of my goals for 2018, since I am running a 6k. Given how my early training went, I am still not sure how this race or my half marathon will go. Instead, I am just enjoying the process and working with my coach to be as prepared as I possibly can.

The next two weeks are going to be crazy and I will be tech free for most of next weekend. It is always fun and getting back to technology is always a bit stressful.

Happy Sunday, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment