Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Hillarity that was Sunday Night.

Sunday - for the fourth day in a row - I took it easy and had no acid reflux, until after rehearsing a presentation.  Yeah - eating that Panera Tomato soup was not the best decision, but I am feeling good now!

Tomorrow, I am presenting with two faculty members and we met this evening to rehearse.  It went well and much of the content is similar to a presentation we did in April.  Then, I got this brilliant idea, to remove the window Air Conditioning unit and the hilarity starts.

Putting it in this summer was not a problem.  So - removing it at 8:30 pm should not be an issue - hah - I pushed it out through the window.   Then, because this was not enough, I subsequently knocked over three indoor plants and spilled potting soil on knitted garments, a chair, the floor, two pieces of furniture, and well whatever else was around.  Meanwhile, while picking up the window AC, I missed up one of the skirting things.  Granted - the design is poor and I did not intend for this to happen.  I am thinking super glue and a mailing tape combination might work.  This one side will never be the same.  Thank goodness for a small window, eh?

After all that, I decided to have some frozen yoghurt.  Believe it or not, it helped with the acid reflux.  Maybe I just needed a break?  Who knows - it tasted good and I learned my lesson.  Do not push it, when it comes to removing things from windows at night, when you are borderline exhausted but trying to be in denial about it.  In retrospect, I am reacting to the acid reflux medication.  This is not an excuse, but it does help to explain my ability to knock over things.

Happy Sunday evening, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment