Monday, December 5, 2016

What a Monday & Holiday Preview



A month from Saturday (December 10th), something professionally important and nerve wracking is due.  A month after starting to train with a coach, my easy pace has improved by about 15 seconds.  It also has given me the confidence to face each day and to know, without a doubt, that I can improve.  It will take hard work, but it is possible.  The first of five professional deadlines, by contrast, seem insurmountable.  Then again, sometimes getting back into shape seems insurmountable.

My hope is that in the upcoming weeks I will be filled with a sense of purpose, energy, and drive to be the best and most honest person I can be.  Migraines and reactions to medication make me cranky, angry, and just plain nasty.  Holidays - which used to be fun - are now filled with more angst than anytime of the year.  If something does not change soon, I can tell my choice will be for the easier option.  For now, all I can do is try not to overthink and to come up with a way to deflect attention creatively from how I will not be my usual self when it comes to meals.  My current thinking is to say I am training and thus must be extra careful.  Thoughts?

Happy Monday, All, and be sure to congratulate those who inspire and encourage you.


No comments:

Post a Comment