Monday, July 29, 2019

USATF Results, Day 3 of the New Schedule, and the Electric Bill (no photos, sorry!)

Hey All,

I don't know about you, but I was watching the USA Track and Field (USAs) Results (ok via Twitter, Instagram, online browsing) Thursday-this morning. Some highlights:

Benjamin Bruce competed for the 17th time in the USAs!

Kellyn Taylor made the podium for the 10k, which completely debunks the myth that Marathon Runners are slow and lack turnover speed.

Stephanie Bruce ramped up the 10k opening pace and then finished 4th in the 10k and 9th in the 5k. I just love watching the Hoka One One and especially the Hoke One One NAZ Elite runners compete - they give it everything in all the races, even if the distance is short!

If you need inspiration, watch the final kick (sprint) Molly Huddle uses to win the 10k.

Emma Coburn (steeplechase), Track Jenny (Jenny Simpson) - 1500 meters, Colleen Quigley - wow are these ladies talented and they will all be representing the US in Doha.

Congrats to all the coaches and athletes for competing in the USAs!

In non professional running news - I actually made it out for two runs (Saturday, this morning) and did 6 strides after each run. Am I slow? Yep. Is my running pain free right now? Yep. I also was put on 12 month recall to see the doctor, unless I am in dire pain, which is the best news I have gotten in a few months. I also had to admit that my pain tolerance is high. OOPs - I think that is part of being a runner, right?! Yes, dealing with a chronic illness is full of ups-and-downs, but a 12 month instead of a monthly recall is huge. I am also adjusting to a new schedule (day 3) and so far it is working, I think. I am just not thinking about holidays, conferences, or planned travel, when the schedule will not be feasible. It is just one of those things.

And I am going to throttle the electric company. My bill quadrupled and it is the highest bill I had since April 2017, when I purchased the house. It surpasses the installation of the heating/cooling system and, quite frankly, keeping the temperature on two floors at 76 degrees or even 78 should not trigger this cost. Watch out, electric company, I am coming for you.

Beyond that, life is moving along and I have another cello lesson with a different teacher tonight. I hope it goes well!

Happy Monday, All!

No comments:

Post a Comment