Monday, September 23, 2019

Starting the week on a good note - Happy Monday and Birthday Traditions

Hey All,

I am still in shock about how tough and long last week happened to be. It ended on a good note with a cello lesson, even if it got off to an interesting start with my teacher on one floor and me on another.

Over the weekend, I finished the planting area. It is not particularly photogenic, yet, and I might very well add some additional mulch. I just have to think about it a bit more.  Some how, a week ago Saturday, I got a very bad case of poison ivy that was not diagnosed until Friday. So I am doing my best not to itch, keep it clean, and hope not everyone notices it. It is bad enough that I will likely still be recovering at a conference in a few weeks. I can only hope the weather will be cool and then I can justify long sleeves for everything but workouts.

Speaking of which, I did a short workout tonight. I did a bit on my exercise bike and most of it on my armless elliptical. It felt really good - short, slow, but good. I am beginning to think I need to place posts about starting something on Mondays and getting lots of sleep to make things happen. Tomorrow I will likely drag a bit, but that is life.

We have a tradition in our family of getting in touch on birthdays. I usually choose to spend mine away from where I live with my immediate. Another tradition is to sing. So, today I recorded my current rendition of Happy Birthday for a family member. It was not perfect and it took 12 recordings, before I considered it acceptable. At least I know how to improve for the next birthday!

A week from Thursday, I will head out with colleagues to Milwaukee. It will be my first visit to that fair city and we are driving to Muskegon, Michigan, and then taking a ferry to/from Milwaukee. It makes the most sense and, because we have 3 people and one car, the price is cheaper than flying, driving, or taking the train. I love boats and oh am I excited.

Happy Monday, All! I hope you are able to have a smooth week!


No comments:

Post a Comment