Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Catching up Pre Labor Day, Post Labor Day, and Mosquito Fodder (aka Me)

Hello, All!

The last few weeks have been incredibly busy, but they have been equally rewarding. Below are some bullet points with highlights:

  • Of the 175 new students, I have met with all but 45 in the last few weeks and most of the 45 have scheduled appointments with me. I think this new session is working - yes, it is required, but they get to choose the time and it is only 15 minutes. I hope the 30 minute session goes equally well!
  • I am reviewing and submitting the revisions and proofs for my upcoming article. It should be out around September 15th or so. I have some people, who were instrumental in making it happy or who keep up with my research, and I will share copies with them. If you want one, let me know.
  • The next giant deadline is September 16th. Between now and then, I will be busy but also finding fun in playing cello, trying new things, and finishing up projects.
  • Fall is here and I am so excited! It is by far my favorite season, which is followed by winter, and then Spring. Summer is not so much fun, because it is so hot! I am thrilled to live in a four season part of the world.
  • I took an extended Labor Day Holiday and started adjusting my schedule, again, two weeks ago. I think this last schedule will work, even if it involves scrambling a bit more on early meeting days.
Labor Day was amazing - good food, great company, and fantastic conversations. Yes, the driving was a bit more than I usually do, but it was totally worth it. I returned refreshed and ready to tackle things.

Meanwhile, I worked on my flower bed on Saturday and I made great progress. I also discovered that tree roots are problematic but I am taking it in stride. Tonight, using my running headlamp, in finished all but the last 2-2.5 feet and became mosquito fodder in the process. I have so many bites that I will be wearing sleeves and sweaters in hopes of escaping notice by the students, faculty, and staff I will see tomorrow. Once the planter is done, I will post pictures to instagram (@runningwithallergies).

Besides that, I am looking forward to a trio concert this weekend and I am excited to get back  into regular posting. I am either running or run/walking a 5k this weekend. It benefits a student group and, three years ago, it is the first race I completed, after moving to the area and starting my current job. Oh how time does fly!

Happy Tuesday, All! 

No comments:

Post a Comment