Sunday, September 20, 2015

Truncated 14 Mile Run - It's ok!

Yesterday, I was scheduled to run 14 miles and I stopped at 10.3.  Was I disappointed, slightly frustrated, and a bit concerned?  Yes - yet, I am proud of how far I have come in a week, particularly with the massive food allergy reactions that occurred Sunday - Thursday and a bit on Friday of this week.

Pre-run fuel - water (not enough probably), 1 banana, 2 Picky Bars (Smooth Caffineator, Lauren's MegaNuts).

Post-run Fuel - Banana, Tart Cherry Juice (concentrate mixed with water), Pineapple Coconut Water (Simply Balanced), Water, 2 things of IcedTea and bit of honey, Smooth Caffienator - much later that day.

Dinner (much later than planned) - Turkey Burger, 1/2 tomato, 1/2 Spaghetti Squash with spaghetti sauce, scallions (~8), and some Vegan Butter to taste.

I decided to try running in a nearby state park, which is about an hour from where I live.  The course ended up being much hillier than expected and my hips/calves were not happy.  I had to stop twice on the return portion for stretching/loosening up the muscles.  Given all that, I got in a great 5-6 miles of hills, which will really help with my half marathon next Saturday.

All-in-all, it was the best albeit shorter than planned long run I have had in 3 weeks.  No complaints from me - I am happy to be running and I am thrilled that I recovered post-run so much better than I have the previous two times.  I might be onto something!

No comments:

Post a Comment