Monday, August 15, 2016

Dreams become real.

Four years ago, I learned of a career change my sibling decided to make.  At the time, I considered the course of action and had reservations.  On Sunday, this my sibling's dream - after four years of frustration, hard work, and my reservations coming true - became real and I could not be prouder.

In some ways, participating in the Olympics are the realization of a career or lifetime of dreams.  With the current scandals, name calling, unsportsmanlike conduct, and robbery; my enthusiasm for following it beyond You Tube clips and Twitter feeds is not high.  I am thrilled that 3 US women marathoners finished in the top 10!  A new US record was set in the 10,000 meter (10k), and today a US woman won a bronze medal in the Steeplechase.

What do these have in common you might ask?  Dreams - dreams becoming reality are the connecting point.  Not all of us can make the Olympics or have a dream job or career.  What we can do, however, is to always dream and use it as motivation to accomplish things we might not otherwise pursue.

Think about the dream trip, career, goal, or something unreachable and try taking a step to make it reality.  Yes, I am a dreamer, but it's that motivating factor, which keeps me going in times that are tough or not as I expected.

Happy Dreaming!


No comments:

Post a Comment