Saturday, August 20, 2016

And...I am back!

My goal for the past five days was to survive, but little did I anticipate the challenges of the week, when I naively set that goal.  Survive it I did and today I did a short run.

Yes, I dreamed of the following - particularly during the last 0.24 miles:


Two weeks from today I am supposed to run a 5k.  Note - I am running not racing it, but I will still happily wear my Oiselle gear.  After all, one of the folks (Dr. Lesko to the rescuse!) noted, "Getting to the starting line is a huge accomplishment."

I may not be where I want fitness wise, but I am back on track to reaching that point.  Don't forget to watch the 800 meter final tonight at 8 pmish Eastern (7 pm Central, 6 pm Mountain, 5 pm Pacific) as Kate Grace seeks to medal.  Regardless of the outcome, her journey has been inspirational and knowing my participation in the Oiselle Volee supports her and other up-and-coming-athletes brings a smile to my face!

Until Monday - then - have a happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment